It can be easy to raise money for a desperate child, however, it is very difficult to raise money for the ones taking care of that child. Our staff are amazing and need monthly support.
One caregiver’s salary can be between $200-$300. At least 10 caregivers need support right now.
SECURITY GUARDS protect our children 24 hours a day at our locations. Between $100-$300 needed.
HOH Director, Brian Thomson, is needed to go to these countries to do extensive training to ensure our excellence is maintained in all of our countries. He raises his own funds separately and travels an average of 5 times a year. Every trip costs a minimum of $4000. We are starting a new location almost every week and starting in a new country almost every month.
Countries we are working in right now: Congo, Kenya, Rwanda, Burundi, Malawi, Mozambique, Uganda
Due to Alberta’s local economy, donations have been low, which means less administration funds to work with.
To keep our administration fee at the low rate of 10%, we fundraise separately towards administration fees.
The needs of thousands of orphans and desperate children, over 40 staff, and hundreds of people travelling in teams to Rwanda requires a substantial amount of administration. One of the areas that you can make a vital difference in, is by contributing to the administrative costs of our Canadian staff who make it all possible.
- Karissa Paterson is the Operations Manager of Home of Hope. (Lynzee Berreth covering her while on maternity leave 2017)
- Hillary Werle is the Sponsorship Coordinator.
- The rescue team in Kenya: George & Janet, Cecilia, Daniel, and more
You can give a Bible to a child, teen, or leader for only $12! There are always people in need of Bibles in our many locations. We ask every receiver of a Bible to pay at least $1 so that they value it more. We could easily give out 1000 Bibles.
These three projects can work together in one area: the bees will pollinate the bananas and the greenery can be fed to the rabbits.
- Banana trees: Our newest project is planting banana trees in Rwanda & Congo. We have numerous parcels of land that are ready to be planted with banana trees that should provide a substantial income. $9,300CAD (one-time) would help generate $7,000US every harvest every year!
- Bunnies: $775CAD would buy a male rabbit and 4 females (with cages) which would become 32 breeding females will generate at least $200/month!
- Bee farm: $1,600CAD will buy a bee farm (15 pre-waxed hives). After the farm starts producing, it will generate $600/month! That is a 400% return a year!
A part-time coordinator is needed to manage 30-40 rabbit projects, 50 locations of animal projects, starting new projects every week. Rwanda, Congo, Kenya, Burundi
Animals Coordinator – Reporting, helping the process, agriculture training, pictures back to sponsors ($300/month)
Recently, the Kenyan government increased regulations on childcare organizations.
The amount of money needed to abide by these regulations seemed impossible, but now we have the funds in for the application process, the medical professional, social worker, 6 of the caregivers, Dream Centre manager. However, we are still in the process of fundraising for other aspects of running the Dream Centre. For example, the security guard ($318/month), the Nutritionist ($163/month), kindergarten teacher ($425/month), full-time driver ($425/month)
We own a number of parcels of land in key locations that need a training centre building to feed children, train adults in business, vocational training and more. Christians currently meet under trees, in small mud huts or under tarps – the need is great for buildings.
$10,000US needed for phase 1 of a building (as in the picture)
Brian and the team were there May2016. Watch the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLJu0di64sk
LEAD LOCATION: We have many projects in areas and groupings. We need a “Lead Location” in each of these areas that can be the “hub” or central place of training and development. We have a need for 5 major lead location areas. We would love to chat with anyone who could be interested in helping or would like more details.
- Western Rwanda: there are 8 locations close by. Land has been donated in Kamembe, but we now need to build a training centre.
- Northwestern Rwanda: Gisenyi is a lead location and we need a building there as soon as possible.
- Idjwi Island, Congo: there are 7 locations nearby with 7 more starting! Land has been donated, but we now need to build a central building.
Buying Land: Many of our locations have NOTHING. We need to buy land in these areas to begin.
Approx $5,100CAD average would buy a 1-acre parcel of land to build a training centre (seats 300 people) and for banana crops.
Approx $7,700CAD would buy a larger piece of land and provide room to build a building and grow bananas as a source of income.
Approx $15,500CAD would buy 3-acres of land, which could allow more banana trees to be planted.
Not sure which project to choose?
Donate to our "undesignated fund" here.